One Skillet Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
This one-skillet recipe is packed with flavor and is oh-so-easy to prepare. The classic pairing of fresh rosemary and lemon is the centerpiece of this dish, while the addition of sautéed shallots adds a subtle depth to the flavors. When paired with frozen broccoli, you have the makings of a satisfying, low-carb meal that will soon become a new family favorite.
Tip: Organic lemons are recommended for this dish because the skin is not removed prior to cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
3 T. unsalted butter, divided
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 medium shallots, sliced thin
1 c. chicken stock, preferably organic
1½ T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 16-oz. bag frozen broccoli
1 medium organic lemon, sliced and cut into small, thin wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs and season each side with salt and black pepper. Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown and releases easily from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a plate. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and sliced shallots to skillet. Sauté shallots, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken and its juices to the skillet, along with the frozen broccoli and thin lemon wedges. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp tender and chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh. Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!